RXR has joined the UN's Sports for Climate Action Framework as part of its commitment to work with the UN and sporting organisations to use sport as a platform to support the fight against climate change.
The Sports for Climate Action initiative, led by the UN’s Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), was born out of the 2015 Paris Agreement and calls on sporting organisations to acknowledge the contribution of the sports sector to climate change and their responsibility to strive towards climate neutrality for a safer planet.
In line with the five core principles of the Framework and the aims of the Paris Agreement, RXR joins its fellow participants by following the following five principles:
- Undertake systematic efforts to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Reduce overall climate impact
- Educate for climate action
- Promote sustainable and responsible consumption
- Advocate for climate action through communication
RXR joins Extreme E and over 240 other participants currently signed up to the framework. Learn more here: https://unfccc.int/climate-action/sectoral-engagement/sports-for-climate-action